An award-winning journalist throws his professional integrity away by acting a fool and publishing long, ranting pieces on popular culture, post-modern life and the overall human condition without the help of a copy editor.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

He's My Friend, and a Whole Lot More...

Some time near the end of my six weeks in Boston, I was in the Campus MovieFest van, a.k.a. Big P, with Vijay, Stace and DAQ, on our way to the M.I.T. finale. Somehow the topic of old cartoon shows came up. Moments later, DAQ randomly started singing a verse of something from my childhood. Something I've mostly blocked.

"Denver, the last dinosaur. He's my friend, and a whole lot more."
"Denver, the last dinosaur. He's my friend, and a whole lot more."
"Denver, the last dinosaur. He's my friend, and a whole lot more."

This is, of course, from the short-lived 80s cartoon show "Denver: The Last Dinosaur," which told the tale of a surviving green dinosaur who skateboarded and played guitar in a kids rock band.

All in all, something we all need in our lives.



I thought posting it would give me a little more to work with than just those two lines that were on a continuous loop in my head ever since early April when DAQ first uttered the phrase, but alas, it's just making it worse. And so I've spread it like a virus. Muhahahaha...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Stevi said...

DENVER!!!!!

I used to watch Denver at like 6 in the morning when I was at my Grandma's house before she took me to school.

Denver, Captain Planet and Jem--totally my 3 favorite 80s/90s cartoons.

This makes me wonder about a potential theme in children's cartoon shows: why do almost all cartoon characters created in the 80s and early 90s play music?

Is it just because children pay more attention to music and respond more positively to it?
Or is it that the makers of these cartoons were trying to inspire a generation of children to rebel against the hypercapitalist 80s?

09:37

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home