An award-winning journalist throws his professional integrity away by acting a fool and publishing long, ranting pieces on popular culture, post-modern life and the overall human condition without the help of a copy editor.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

They call you Lady Luck, but there is room for doubt...

So do you all remember when I applied for a copy editing position up in Vacaville a few weeks ago, and learned the harsh lesson of proofreading job applications?

http://marcdom7.blogspot.com/2006/08/isnt-that-just-grand.html

Well, I just received this letter today from the same Angela Adams at the Reporter:

Dear Mr. Gorman,
Are you interested in coming in for an interview for the open copy editor position at The Reporter?
Please let me know as soon as possible, as I will be conducting interviews early next week.
Thanks,
Angela Adams
News Editor
The Reporter



Well now, it seems my luck is turning around. It's just an interview, and the job is a good hour away (at least) but this definitely bodes well for my resume as well as not being thrown out of my house.

Thanks for the crossed fingers, Laura, and the fun tips about copy editing in Tracy, Mr. Mendelson.

And look! She got my last name right this time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stevi said...

get a job!

21:24

 
Blogger Marcus Gorman said...

Screw you, lush!

22:45

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!!

16:28

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home