An award-winning journalist throws his professional integrity away by acting a fool and publishing long, ranting pieces on popular culture, post-modern life and the overall human condition without the help of a copy editor.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pee-wee's Playhouse depresses me...

I should be joyous that Adult Swim has decided to start showing episodes of one of my favorite TV shows, Pee-wee's Playhouse. Alas, I stared at the screen last night in confusion and shock. Truth be told, this show explains a lot about me, as I was a serious fan back during its original run.

(Really, these are just miscellaneous thoughts I had during said viewing.)

-The episode is called "Ice Cream Soup."
-I find it creepy how Pee-wee interacts with Chairry.
-Miss Yvonne is a slut and strips for a Hispanic lifeguard by the name of Tito.
-I completely forgot the King of Cartoons is black.
-Laurence Fishburne is the gayest cowboy this side of West Hollywood. His lasso is even animated and can change colors.
-Penny is the single most disturbing claymation creation ever, including the California Raisins and characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and judging from her voice work, is intended to be portrayed as mentally ill.
-Jambi is a drag queen.
-Randy is a douchebag.
-Natasha Lyonne plays a child hippie named Opal, with little knowledge that she will grow up to be a highly publicized drug addict in her own right.
-I still really want Pee-wee's scooter.
-This is one of the few kids shows that goes out of its way to definitively NOT teach the viewer anything.
-Phil Hartman is dead, and there's nothing I can do about it.
-I automatically know to hyphenate Pee-wee's name.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you also know that the W in "wee" is not capitalized. I could've sworn his proper name was "Pee Wee." Oh well. It's not like I'm even able to watch it from where I am. Although I did just see a stage production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which was most excellent.

Cheers,
That guy in Ireland who you're jealous of

14:10

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home